Sunday, March 16, 2008

My Top 5

I'm "it" to the third power. I guess I'm a very taggable person. Three times. One week. I don't have enough friends with blogs to tag back. But I'd be a bad friend if I didn't fulfill my end of the tag, so I'll at least give you five things you might not know about me.



1. I played volleyball in college for the Winthrop University Eagles. I was the libero and we won four straight conference championships in my years there (they actually won one more after I finished playing, but I can't take any credit for that one!). I also was honored to serve on the NCAA Division I Student-Athlete Advisory Committee for three years with some of the most awesome people in Division I. On the committee we met to discuss student-athlete issues, voice our concerns, lobby the membership and ensure the well-being of our peers.



2. My mom says that I was born running (I evidently was such a prodigy that I skipped walking all together. TOO SLOW!) and singing. I knew all the words to just about every Disney movie and all the Columbia House old school musicals in my grandparents collection. I loved singing SO MUCH that I used to excuse myself from the table at restaurants to go sing in the bathroom. Have you ever tried this? The acoustics are really quite amazing! Something about the tile floors and metal stalls makes any five year old feel like Mariah Carey. And yeah, I was totally belting out some Heart Breaker to be sure.




3. I used to be a coffee addict. I think I was destined to love the stuff. I'd go and smell the bins at the grocery store growing up. Some kids go for the candy isle, I liked the caffeine isle! I started actually drinking it my sophomore year in high school when I had swim training for sprints before my 7 AM class every day. Let me tell you that I loved me some espresso. I even had coffee lip balm. Now I'm a green smoothie addict and feeling much healthier, thank you. Though I'm not going to lie that I miss a quad Black Tiger espresso at Coffee People like freakin' crazy.











4. My dream job is to trek through jungles, deserts, flood plains, whatever, to tell a story that needs to be told. If that means travelling with a rebel army in Sudan to photograph refugees so the world understands the severity of the situation, well, guess I'd better be getting some shots and a visa.










5. Give me a funky base back beat and I will be out on the dance floor before you notice I'm gone from your side (that is unless you are also a dance addict and are already out on the floor with me). I want to be up at the speaker, I want the base to vibrate within me and then I want to break it down! And I mean DOWN. Hell yeah!


Classic Scenario: New Year's Eve 2007/2008. I ran a half marathon for this Nike Challenge I was doing (150 Miles in one month). Went home, stretched it out, put a bit of nourishment into the system and headed out to rage with the Eugene Gaia Tribe crew for 10 hours of the best party energy you'll feel on the West Coast. Mom picked me up at 7 AM and we drove from Eugene up to Portland for me to fly out to Charlotte. Playing on my iPod the entire trip were burned copies of the night's jams. I was dancing all through the DFW and in the airplane bathrooms. I think I have a weird connection with bathrooms? They seem to inspire my creative expression.

So there you go people! Five things I love about me! Like I said above, all my blog friends have tagged me or been tagged, so I'll have to wait to pass this on until I can remember or find some new ones, LOL!

blog comments powered by Disqus