Sunday, February 17, 2008

Breaking News

Some updates...

1) There was a break re: our break-in and some of our property was recovered!!! Not exactly sure what they found (phone tag with the cops is so much fun!), but hoping that my SLR and iPod are are included!

2) New website hopefully will be coming soon. I am meeting today with a designer that will, with any luck, do work for me for a very low price or some sort of trade for photographic skills! Once it's up and running, it will be my professional showcase for writing, web content and photography.

3) I started a second job. Since moving on "up" to the uptown area in Charlotte, our rent has gone up too! So I started a second job as a media assistant with a team of realtors. I work mostly weeknights, so if I'm hard to get a hold of in those formerly good phone date times, I apologize, but a girl's gotta eat!

4) My crackberry is in the mail (for those of you who have heard my "leftover martini + cell phone do not = love" story, you know this is a long time coming!!!). So even though you might not be able to get a hold of me via voice, you'll be able to reach me more often via email and text. Just don't expect an email response at 2 AM. I'm won't be THAT accessible (I say that now...)!

5) I've been eating raw for about a month and a half now and cannot express the profound impact this change has had on me. You know when you stumble across something and it just clicks? It resonates with your soul and you have to go along for the ride. This is one of those things for me. I feel the clouds clearing and a more productive conscious coming through. I've made so many great friends as a result; friends who care about the earth and social justice in similar ways. This has been an area where I have always struggled--finding people who share these views and who are passionately living to make positive change without being overzealous or judgmental about it. To put it plainly: I've found my people.

6) I'm going to see "There Will Be Blood" today and I'm totally pumped!!! Been trying to see it for about a month now and I can't wait. V. v. interesting premise. Plus I love Daniel Day Lewis. Hopefully it lives up to the $5 I'm shelling out in matinee ticket bucks!

7) I hope you all had very a happy Valentine's Day, whether you were with your sweetie or went our with other singles as I did. But let's take it a step further and make every day a love day. After all, Valentine's Day is just another day. It's like fine china. What's the point of having it if you just leave it in the cupboard 99% of the year. Stop waiting around for a "special occasion" and use it! Stop waiting around for the holidays to love each other and spread joy to the world and do it today!

Ok, sorry. The soapbox just appeared in front of me and you know this little girl, I'm hardly ever able to resist.

Much love from North Cack-A-Lack!

blog comments powered by Disqus