Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Zeus is letting loose!

We've been having some mad crazy thunder n' lightening storms down here, so you know I've been ecstatic. Like a kid in a candy store, but I can't touch anything. I keep doing the "it's not fair" dance in my mind. And I know you're not really supposed to be outside during these things, but I couldn't help myself the other night when we got a rager. Freaked my roommate and her boyfriend out when I came tearing through the living room at midnight with my Olympus and the look of a mad scientist whose seen Frankenstein outside the window on my face. That baby lasted TWO HOURS!!! Granted, I only got a few minutes to shoot before the blankets of warm southern rain came pelting down and my instincts told me that my SLR wasn't going to fare well--but I did manage to get one lonely shot with a lightening bolt in it. I was pretty damn proud of myself...believe me, it's harder than it looks. I'm just hoping the next week brings more storms, so I can get in some practice.

This was just something cool I did with the streetlight, while waiting for the next flash of lightening to hit.





blog comments powered by Disqus