Friday, June 29, 2007

Too Much of a Good Thing is Never Enough

Today is a good day. It is the first truly good day of year 23. Why, you politely ask? I got a job today. Ahhhhhhhh. I can feel a pretty large amount of that stress (which has been eating away at my peace and contented state of being for some time now, despite lots yoga and running and healthy doses of temporary denial) dissipating, evaporating and getting gone so-to-speak. And you, my friends, you are looking at the newest Big South Intern! Well, you are reading her words at least (If you are looking at me without my knowledge, please stop. It's creepy). Now if I can just get a part-time gig working with some sort of writing entity--newspapers, online newspapers, magazines holla at your girl--I will probably be one of the happier people you know in your life circles. I'm already coasting at "elated" for the time-being. Hopefully nothing else wonderful happens today, or else I will be in danger of bursting into a million little pieces of joy that just couldn't contain itself inside of me...

OK, that's a lie. I'll take all the good I can get. Mae West was mostly right when she said, "Too much of a good thing is never enough." Right now it's definitely enough. We'll see about tomorrow.

blog comments powered by Disqus