Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Feisty Girl Is Getting Feasty!!!

I've been tossing around the possibility in my head for a while--but today I made the official decision after reading Penni from Tulsa's blog, Real Juice Daily. I'll be doing a juice feast when I come home to Oregon.

Today Penni was talking about metamorphosis and the vast changes she feels her mind l body l spirit undergoing during her feast. Her current experience couldn't be further from what I am personally going through. I've come to realize I'm overloaded, uninspired by work and in desperate need of metamorphosis (and not Kafka style) myself. An intuitive need for "something" led me to find the raw food lifestyle and my intuition seems to again be leading me toward a life changing process--to go further down the rabbit hole. The real person in here is being held down by a great many things and it's high time that I unburden her and allow her to rise to the surface.

I've chosen summer because I know that back in Oregon I will have access to really good, fresh organic/local produce and, perhaps more importantly, a genuinely supportive community. Like many people I spend most of my day at work--but my work community would make it very hard for me to get all the positive things out of the experience. They have a hard enough time grasping the idea of raw. I think they might call a full-fledged intervention on me if I started juice feasting. I mean, it's a huge ordeal when I make a simple salad in the kitchen at lunch!

Like--"What is this?! It's not fried, doesn't come out of a plastic wrapper and doesn't go into the microwave to get toxified before gorging it into my protesting stomach? Why would you want to eat that crap?"

Uh, cause it's healthful, it won't give me cancer or make me obese. It tastes good, is full of nutrients and energy...Oh and did I mention it won't make me obese or give me some crazy disease I can't pronounce?

My family on the other hand-- really, "my Oregon" on the other hand--is always loving, always supportive and even if they don't quite get it--you can bet they will be behind me 100%.

So I'm sitting here at work, sipping a vibrantly green bowl of spicy coconut avocado soup (which got some confused and wary looks from co-workers on their way to Bojangles or Pizza Hut) with mustard greens for dipping and craving the start date for the little girl l BIG VOICE Juice Feast. I'm about to start a countdown on my page.

blog comments powered by Disqus