Thursday, December 20, 2007

patience is not a virtue I possess

Ugh. I am sitting at work, with nothing to do (for the first time in about 2 months)and no motivation to take any sort of initiative today. I would ask for work, but I also don’t want to get stuck alphabetizing the storage closet for the last two hours before our glorious 10-day holiday break, so I am attempting to lay low under the “Can You Do Me A Favor” radar and just get the hell out of here!

I am stoked for the Blue Light Special. I have built in snooze time to my morning routine and usually bask in the glorious 20 minutes of sleep indulgence that I take. It’s a mind trick, but one that works for me. This morning, however, there was no happy drifting back into sleep for a precious few minutes. No, this morning I was AWAKE! I tried my damndest to relax and take my snooze allocation, but nothing doing. I’m too excited and my body/sub-conscious just can’t forgo their impatience to be back in Oregon long enough for me to catch my ZZZs or get through work without looking at the clock and sighing at least once every 3 minutes.

And now I have exactly 2 hours and 21 minutes until I take my nightly run (still trying to get in the top 100 for the Jog Off That Nog Challenge) and head over to Therapy for a martini with the girls. Normally, I would consider myself a pretty mentally healthy person, but tonight I’ll take the therapy (I mean I’m obviously having anxiety issues to get on that plane and get back to Pacific Standard)—so long as it comes in the form of a very neat gin martini with a dish of extra olives.

I can seriously feel the cool slippery liquid sliding past my welcoming palate and into my tummy.

Two hours, 17 minutes.

I’m gonna need two martinis by the time I get out of here. I am so absolutely horrid at waiting.

blog comments powered by Disqus